I recognize this may be generally poor form for the altruistic among you, but those of us who put in the effort to entertain and provide content to the masses, I think you’ll understand.
Those who do this aren’t above stating our intentions to both grow our own brand or book, as well as increase the betterment of our fellow man (or woman).
I was reading my book again tonight (Average Married Dad’s Guide to Health, Wealth, and a Sexy Marriage: For 30- to 40-Somethings) and despite a few comma issues, I thought “This is a pretty great book! I wish someone would have given it to me 10 years ago.”
Anyways, the point of my post tonight. I appreciate all the people who have already bought my book, or have said kind words about it. It means a lot to me. Regardless of whether you liked it or not (though, I obviously hope you like it), please take a few minutes and review it on Amazon. It does help me.
Second, I’d like to reward four people who hopefully regularly read this blog, and who may not have purchased the book, with an electronic copy of it. However, there are some fairly innocuous conditions attached. If you can agree to these, I’ll send you four a copy of the book in a drop-box type download situation. Here’s the gist of the process, and your role:
1) the first four people to e-mail me at TheAverageMarriedDad dot gmail dot com with “Book” in the subject will get a free e-copy. Please use a real e-mail address as that is what I’ll use to provide info on download.
2) I will then send you an e-mail through a distribution site that will allow you to download a copy of the book
3) You agree to not redistribute the book (if you do, I will hunt you down and shame you. I have hacker friends with no sense of shame)
4) You agree to actually read the book within 2 weeks after downloading
5) You agree to provide an honest review on Amazon within 2 days following completion of the book (Review it honestly and anonymously (if that’s your style) – please. I’m not coercing you in any way. If you think something sucks, tell me. One day, I hope to release a second edition with some of the warts I see fixed and maybe some improvements made that you may even recommend – though 5-star is the best – remember that 🙂 )
5) That’s it. Send me an e-mail with “book” if you fit the bill. I won’t be contacting you directly with any other stuff, this is a one time deal.
EDIT: This is now closed. I have people who e-mailed me last night. I will be taking care of this Saturday night as I am traveling today. Thanks again to everyone for reading, I appreciate it.