Quick Note and Reader Request: Remember this Summer Fling post I did not too long ago? I was contacted by a nationally syndicated morning radio show producer to see if I knew anyone interested in talking on the topic. I’m not exactly sure what that means, and am many years removed from those days, but if anyone feels they can and would like to contribute to that “summer fling” topic and maybe get on a the radio (looks like maybe 35-40 markets), shoot me an e-mail at TheAverageMarriedDad@gmail.com and I’ll put you in touch with the producer.
A family-friendly post about what we’ve done this summer. Can’t believe we only have a little over three weeks before school starts again.
- Much swimming at the pool
- Teaching kids how to hit a baseball
- In-line skating (kids learning, slowly getting better)
- Making a worm farm
- Assisting kids in hunting down ground squirrel by shoveling his hole
- Fishing – kids caught their first fish
- Camping, mosquitoes weren’t too bad this year, weather gorgeous
- Birdsnest finishing up Lemony Snicket series, LoudBoy starting Diary of a Wimpy Kid books
- New job for Holly (opened up a new office in our city)
- Played chess with the kids (pretty funny to see a newly minted six year old focus only “killing” the opponent’s pieces regardless of rank – he’s willing to sacrifice any piece for a “kill”)
- Played “Ghost in the Graveyard”
- Watched some killer fireworks for Independence Day
- Hometown festival and parade
- Catching fireflies
- Festive nights of tequila and wine drinking with friends
- Starting to harvest from our garden – the tomatoes are divine, but not sure what we’ll do with so many when the majority are ready
- More wine making
- Rehab, and getting stronger
- Purchased new car
- Playing cards with the kids, LoudBoy loves “war”, we hate it but humor him by playing it
- Can’t forget legos!
We still have a few other things in the queue, including a trip to a cabin rental, a Crossfit competition (for Holly) and my nerdtime fantasy football draft. Fun times right now with minimal drama, thought it’s been a busy and exciting year overall. Hope your summer is going well too!